Xc90 D5 '' Power Steering assistance temporarily reduced '' message on screen during start /stop engaging

Reactions
City
Kahramanmaras
State
Non-US
Country
Turkey
What I Drive
2017 Volvo s90
Hi friends,

I have the problem in my 2017 XC90 D5 and having this '' Power Steering assistance temporarily reduced'' pop up during start stop is engaging.. Sometimes also message came up with this and says '' Parking assistance temporarily reduced '' . Dealer replaced auxiliary and main battery and also updated every software in the car and they couldn't solve the problem since a month. My car is in the dealer since January and ım bored about this problem and getting crazy. Has anyone solved the issue in other ways?

Any comments and helps will be appreciated..

Thanks.

SM-N975F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Reactions
City
Mill Creek
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Have you had this resolved yet? I have been receiving this message as well, no noticeable impact on drivability.

Reactions
City
Mill Creek
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
In case anyone else runs into this, I found a post on another board that had posts from multiple people that they resolved this issue by replacing a 'support battery' which is separate from your main battery.

mcruzie

Reactions
City
Oakland
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
xc90 2018
I have yet to resolve this issue. Any other tips how to fix it? Tlingit-Swede, can you pls tell me which board did you see this solution? I brought the car to our local Volvo dealer, they cannot replicate the problem, thus unable to fix it, they ran the diagnostic and all and Im out by $250.

mcruzie

Reactions
City
Oakland
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
xc90 2018
In case anyone else runs into this, I found a post on another board that had posts from multiple people that they resolved this issue by replacing a 'support battery' which is separate from your main battery.
Can you pls tell me which board did you find the post on this issue? Thank you

Reactions
City
Mill Creek
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Sorry, but I don't recall. Replacement of the 'support battery' did resolve the issue in my vehicle FWIW