Kingston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Subaru Ascent
Hi There,

I am considering the purchase of a slightly used XC90 (2018 or newer). I previously drove a 2001 S80 which I purchased used and drove for 12 years. That was a great car, and although more expensive to maintain than a Toyota, was not as bad as a German car. Traded for a BMW X3 that was a total money pit!

Traded the X3 for a Subaru Ascent. It's a great car but I am looking for something a little quieter with more comfortable seats.

What are your thoughts about the XC90? Do you feel it is reliable or do you thing there are many issues? I know all cars have issues, but I want to make sure I am not getting back into another money pit.

Thank you!

Crosbo

Reactions
Picked up a ’16 T6 hard loaded Momentum to replace our XC6, to add more room. 3 years later and we still love. Pneumatic suspension, B&W sound system…road trips are a breeze.

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
We bought our 2016 XC90 Inscription model new in July, 2016. Would DEFINITELY buy again but consider it costs for service when needed. We purchased the 100k mile service plan and glad we did.
We have had various issues over our almost 5 years of ownership but love this SUV. We bought the pneumatic (air bag) suspension version and love that too. Great SUV and good size. Not too big but has 7 seats when needed.