City
Gravesend
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2005 XC90
Hi all, new to the forum along with the world of Volvo's as we have just purchased a 2005 XC90.

The question I have is whilst we are away from the vehicle we are having issues with it fogging up. I don't mean whilst we are in the vehicle or whilst driving (although it does take a while to clear), I mean whilst no-one has been near the vehicle.

For example I came home from work in my van yesterday, no-one had been in the car at all that day and yet the windows were all steamed up. It isn't an isolated incident and seems to happen often / perhaps all the time. Is this just a common issue on these vehicles or do I have an unusual issue?

Could it be that damp is getting in from somewhere and causing this? Our model does have a sunroof so could it be a poor seal on this? I haven't seen any signs of damp anywhere so not sure this is the issue, I'm just trying to get suggestions of what to look at to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Adam.

Reactions
City
Keizer
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD
Hello and welcome from the US! I would pull the A-pillar trim pieces and inspect the roof drain grommets that allow the water to drain out of the body panel. These plug up/degrade over time and lead to leaks. It is likely this part(US part number: 30753148). I would for sure pull the front rugs to make sure there is no moisture hanging out underneath them. P2's are notorious for those grommets failing. My 04's were so badly roached that they were leaking and plugged from falling apart over the years. Hope this helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dloftis Volvo XC90 (Second Generation) 7