City
Fairport
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum
I used to use Sea Foam periodically in my 2014 Chevy Equinox, maybe every six months or so. I noticed quite a difference in performance and gas mileage after a treatment. The acceleration was more even and smooth after a treatment.

Has anyone used Sea Foam fuel additive in their XC90? The manual says not to use fuel additives, but I wanted to find out what others thought or had experience with. Does Volvo have a fuel treatment that is required or better suited?

For more detail, we recently purchased this car (2018 XC90 T6 Momentum with ~30k miles) and it is used. This is my first Volvo and it’s an amazing vehicle, I just want to make sure we are doing everything we can to maintain it and get top performance at the same time.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crosbo

Reactions
I try to add Chemtool B12 to our vehicles every 3K miles. Just had our ‘16 T6 serviced and the i see that the dealer added BG 44K to the service. As well as added BG MOA to the oil change.

Reactions
City
Keizer
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD
The only fuel additive I use is Techron to help keep the injectors, valves and fuel system clean on my 04. Other than that, no, nothing else.