HELP. Please share your purchase info. Thank you in advance.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
For 2017 it seems good. Typically the discounts are on 2016 models, as many dealers are starting to get 2017 they need to move their 2016 stock.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
These discounts seem outrageously good. Do any of you have the inscription? What's the best deal you got? I just placed an order on a 2017 xc90 inscription and got 2600 off msrp here in Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I visited the local dealer he offered me $1 over invoice for any 2016 XC90 trim in their stock, including inscription and r-design. So that still comes around $3K. This is while I strictly went in to test drive. So serious bargain was off the table.

Given their current inventory I am sure I can get them close to 10-12% off MSRP. I just haven't made my mind on XC90 yet given all the issues everyone has reported.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Hi Coop

Right now, 10% is possible (I got 9.81%), but you have to try really hard to find a dealer that's willing to do that. I was under the same impression that big dealers want to move their 16s and I can easily get 12%. Surprisingly, they still are holding out.
To get that 10 to 12% discount, I think you will have to wait for a few more months. Like you said, when large shipments of 17s come in.

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
We paid 1500 off msrp. I thought this was high but I really like this vehicle.
Remember the saying, the price paid is long forgotten after the quality remains. If you like it, buy it.
I was also told to wait for a 17 would take until Jan. 2017 to order one. The factory is that far behind on the "Inscription" editions; something about the leather dashes being sold/ produced more readily than Volvo expected. This is a great car for the money given pricing the competitions.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T6 Momentum
I got 8.5% off a 2017 T6 Momentum with the 5 double spoke diamond cut 20" wheels added to the Vision and Momentum plus package. It just came in to the dealership and had 2 other buyers and a dealer transfer request on it when I bought it. Another dealer 60 miles away told me that deal wasn't anything they could match.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T6 Momentum
Parkway Volvo in Wilmington, NC sell any XC90 for $500 below invoice like my deal on the 2017 T6 Momentum we bought 8/12/16.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Mine was momentum plus with protection package. Got 12% off (10% without the loyalty incentive). Later wish I could have gotten one with convenience package...

Xc90mxl

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 xc90
I got a 2017 T6 momentum plus with vision and protection for 11.5% off. $56,525 MSRP for $50k flat with no incentives!

dealcatcher

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Who holds the best deal on a 2017 inscription?

(2017 Inscription T6 - Onyx Black)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juno1010

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design
2017 R Design T6
Vision
Convenience
Hud
22's
Bowers/Wilkins
Crystal paint
Load bars
Plastic mats
Bumper cover

MSRP - ~$67,500
Cost - $63,275 before TTL and loyalty incentive

Seattle, WA

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
No dealer competition in my area, so I had to pay very close to MSRP to get my order in. Made me fairly cranky, I have never paid MSRP for any new car no matter so hot.

Inscriptions seem to be hard to get. Checked many dealers close to my region, none had any. Lots of Momentums and R-Designs.

Best I could get was some things thrown in. I'm sure I will love the vehicle, but the buying experience may leave a sour taste for a while.

Rob

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
Rob, Hang in there. We went through the same experience with our Inscription. Well worth it in my opinion after 3 months of ownership. This is the first Volvo we have owned but loving it so far. My wife has taken it away from me as HER daily driver. LOL

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
I'm sure it will love it. I just couldn't see spending that much on a car and not getting some of the things that are important to me and that I expect now. Nicer leather, ventilated seats, Leather dash and other trim, bright work...

Lucky for me, my wife and I buy our own cars and rarely do we switch off unless it makes sense. So I should get to keep my new baby all to myself. :)

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
I paid MRSP for factory order which I was not happy about but on the other hand I got a good deal for my trade in.
I noticed dealers offering discounts on cars on the lot, especially 2016 models and especially T8.
There was no nicely equipped R-Designs in my area except demos, thats why I decided to do factory order, I ended up buying all available options, so at least I have color that I like and all options that I wanted.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

Just a quick update on my order. Placed an order for a 2017 inscription early in October for mid to late December delivery. Specifically 15th-22nd. Due to sourcing of the leather dash, my delivery date is now pushed back to January 9th. Not even sure it will be available by then.

Rob