HELP. Please share your purchase info. Thank you in advance.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Hi Guys

I am looking to purchase a XC90 T6 Momentum. Trying to find out the true price of the car now. Dealers like to play games and tell you how hot the car is and they don't really need to give discount. With production cars and plenty of stock sitting at the dealer lots, no way people pay MSRP (or even invoice). Do you mind helping a forum member out and share your purchase info (discount or price paid, date of purchase, dealer info). Thank you in advance.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Hi,

I haven't purchased the vehicle yet as I am still deciding between XC90 and Infiniti QX60. While I test drove XC90 at the end of June the salesman casually gave me a number. The dealership had over 130 XC90s in stock at the time and said I can have anyone for a $1 over Invoice. Not sure if this is good price and whether there is room for haggling. Now that 2017 models will be hitting the floors pricing for 2016 will come down. I hope this helps.

Coop

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Thank you Coop.

I had a few offers from $500 to $1000 below invoice. But I have seen a couple of dealers listing their price $4100 below MSRP, that's without any negotiation. Unfortunately, they are far from me. Funny thing is, when you mentioned those numbers to the local dealers, they first said, they don't believe and want me to show them the website. Once I show them the website, they would said "wow, that's a really good deal, how come you don't buy from them". The "we will meet or beat any competitor's price" is bull....
Dealer cost is clearly not the invoice price.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
We ended up paying MSRP for ours, but this is when inventory was still low. Check out truecar.com to see what people are paying for theirs. Our dealer constantly has 5-6 XC90's on their lot so they are probably not commanding MSRP these days.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
truecar shows higher than invoice, so 500-100$ below invoice is beating Truecar. I searched XC90 in a 200-mile radius and found dealers in MA and PA have good $4-5K below MSRP that's about 10% I haven't contacted them, wondering if there is fine print. I am planning to trade in so if they know I am driving 200 miles to pick up the car they can make up the difference in the trade.

The reason I haven't pulled the trigger is yet the concerns over reliability. I have heard so many problems including abrupt braking on major interstate. I am wondering I should wait for 2017 but then it will be over my budget. Hence I can't decide to go with xc90 or QX60. I like the spaciousness of QX60 but like the drive of XC90.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
yeah, that's what I am seeing ($4000-5000 off the MSRP). The local dealers are calling me crazy and saying that they will be selling at a loss if they discount that much. I don't know why dealers still think consumers are idiots and just gonna go in to the dealers blindly to purchase the car at sticker

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Consumers are Idiots

yeah, that's what I am seeing ($4000-5000 off the MSRP). The local dealers are calling me crazy and saying that they will be selling at a loss if they discount that much. I don't know why dealers still think consumers are idiots and just gonna go in to the dealers blindly to purchase the car at sticker
Don't ever agree to $1 or any other amount over invoice unless you hacked Volvo sales and have a copy of the invoice in your pocket when the sales person says that! You don't know the invoice. That is such a hidden number known only a couple of people at a dealership even the dealership owner probably doesn't know what it is. No dealer will sell a car for less than the car costs from the Manufacturer.

By the way, my wife will tell you I'm one of those consumer idiots! [8]

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
$500 over invoice.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Since I have always been in Nissan/Infiniti family I know their invoice is not the real invoice, so I wasn't sure if that holds true with other brands as well. Thanks for clearing that up![rockon]

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
I have gotten as much as 20% off a Italian Luxury brand before. Even a low production German luxury car that each dealer only gets 1 or 2 at a time of, I was able to get 8% off. Not so much luck with XC90 so far. I had one dealer giving me 5% off MSRP on a demo and telling me it is a really good price!!! When i told him that I have gotten an offer, 8% off on a brand new car, he chuckled and said he doesn't believe me. He then continue to say that people are just coming up with those unrealistic figure to try to low ball them.
I mentioned to him that he recently sold a XC90 T6 demo with almost 12% discount to a forum member. He said he sold too many cars and doesn't remember given a deal like that recently. I think he was full of xxxx. He said if i was able to provide a name, he will recheck the price with the sales manager and work on getting me a better deal. Before I had the chance to say ok, he disconnected me. He is clearly playing the stupid dealer game here.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
:) the power of Internet! The dealer I went to touted he is number 1 Volvo dealer in the US without giving specifics on what that means? Anyways, he has over 120 XC90s in stock mostly T6 Momentums though, with few Incriptions and R-Design. If he continues to have this size inventory he will be selling them below 10% of MSRP when 2017s hit the floor in couple of months. He already has 4 2017 models in stock.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Agree. That's a lot of 2016 XC90 to sell!! So far, the best deal I got is about 9% off MSRP on a brand new one. That's before the Loyalty incentive. If the dealer is still sitting on that many 2016 when the large shipment of 2017 cars arrive, I would not be surprised that he gives 12 to 15% off to try to move them.
So what discount is this number 1 dealer offering you right now?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
To be honest I am little scared after reading the horror stories of all the problems people have been having. So I did not approach them as serious buyer. They repeatedly call me at end of June so I told them my concern and told them I would wait for 2017 to arrive before making my mind.

I just checked their inventory this morning, 141 - 2016 models and 8 -2017 in stock!

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Hi guys

Got the XC90 Momentum last Saturday. Got a good deal. Thank you for all your help. I want to share my info in return to help others.
I got almost 10% off a brand new XC90 with MSRP of $53775. On top of it, I got the $1000 off from the Loyalty incentive since I got a XC60. So total almost 12% off. I think that's a very good deal. I contact about 12 dealers. Only 2 dealers offered this kind of discount. Most dealer do 6% off. I have one crazy dealer offered 5% off on a DEMO, saying that's an amazing deal. I think 8% discount should be a fair number now on XC90.

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
That's a solid deal, congrats!

Hi guys

Got the XC90 Momentum last Saturday. Got a good deal. Thank you for all your help. I want to share my info in return to help others.
I got almost 10% off a brand new XC90 with MSRP of $53775. On top of it, I got the $1000 off from the Loyalty incentive since I got a XC60. So total almost 12% off. I think that's a very good deal. I contact about 12 dealers. Only 2 dealers offered this kind of discount. Most dealer do 6% off. I have one crazy dealer offered 5% off on a DEMO, saying that's an amazing deal. I think 8% discount should be a fair number now on XC90.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Thank you!!

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Osnium Grey/Charcoal.

dealcatcher

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
These discounts seem outrageously good. Do any of you have the inscription? What's the best deal you got? I just placed an order on a 2017 xc90 inscription and got 2600 off msrp here in Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
i am not sure about Inscription, but I imagine it is similar. Someone got 11% off on T8 R-Design. $2300 seems really low... it may be worth it to get it out of state and ship it to you. I assume average T6 Inscription MSRP is about $60,000. So even at 6%, you are looking at $3600 discount. Let's say the transportation is $1000. You still beat your local dealer's price by $300. ok, maybe not worth it for 6%. But 8% I think is worth it.

Last edited: