Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

2018 - Would you buy this SUV again?

Reactions
Looking to trade my 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring for a fair loaded XC60. How has the reliability been? Any concerns you have about your vehicle? Would you buy it again? Likes/Dislikes? Consumer Reports gives it a poor reliability rating...otherwise, I love the vehicle and torn between the 18 XC60 AWD or the the 2019 Acura RDX Advance Package.

Any help or thoughts/input is greatly appreciated. Thank you all, in advance, for your support!

Reactions
No one on this forum has any input to my questions above???

tolzer

Reactions
We have owned the XC60 t6 for a month now with zero regrets . We to checked out the Acura as we have in the past its a lot cheaper and seemed pretty comparable until you look a little deeper, really little tech for a high end SUV. Also my big complaint is that Acura is always changing the look and engine to what's seems every year trying to find their identity . Don't want a car that in six months is last years model that has little to do with the past one. Really like the approach of a 7 year run with minor changes . So saw the projected reliability and wonder how true that is CR has always leaned towards Japanese Cars. So with Volvo there are two engines for the US market plus the Hybrid so I would say a lot more engineering went into that and the engines have been out for awhile with almost zero complaints. Take note how CR praises tesla for their display and says Volvo's is distracting ?? Volvo stands behind their products more than most. What other manufacture gives a fix it once lifetime warranty?

TominPS

Reactions
Looking to trade my 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring for a fair loaded XC60. How has the reliability been? Any concerns you have about your vehicle? Would you buy it again? Likes/Dislikes? Consumer Reports gives it a poor reliability rating...otherwise, I love the vehicle and torn between the 18 XC60 AWD or the the 2019 Acura RDX Advance Package.

Any help or thoughts/input is greatly appreciated. Thank you all, in advance, for your support!
I just joined the forum but may be able to help since I leased both a loaded 2019 XC60 Inscription ($67k list) and a 2019 Acura RDX Advance ($48k list). You may have already decided on one or the other, but here goes. I've owned Acuras for years, this is my first Volvo. The RDX is an excellent car—I had a 2016 and the new one is much improved. The Advance has all the bells and whistles of the XC60, and Acura has done a great job of sweating the details. The XC60 is also a great car, and is clearly a step above in luxury and performance. But it also cost almost $20,000 more. If value is important to you (as a Subaru owner, I think it would be) the Acura is an excellent choice. For me, it came down to dealers and wanting something different and more luxurious in choosing the Volvo. We have two homes—the Acura is at one, where we have an excellent local dealer. The Volvo is at the other, where the Acura dealer stinks (and availability of the SH-AWD Advance is scarce), we know the Volvo dealer (who had just what we wanted in stock) and we had more reason to have something more prestigious.

I will say that both cars are really excellent in many ways, each has their pluses and minuses, and you should be happy with either. Be forewarned that the tech in both needs considerable time to master (and I've been in a tech business since 1988). They each have their own logic and very different interfaces, so check that out in detail. And if you're leasing, the RDX is no bargain yet (neither was the 2019 XC60 but a leftover 2018 could be).

Hope that helps!

Reactions
Thanks, TominPS...money was not the issue for us as I, too, make a very good living as an EE. The XC60 we were looking at was a loaded T5. I just can't see spending more than about $50K on a car that will lose a ton of value after driving it off the lot and we don't keep our cars very long. We loved both and, for the money, the Acura won hands down. Bought a loaded Advance and felt like the HUD was superior, the engine and tranny were more refined and the ventilated seats here in FL were a plus. I totally agree on both infotainments having pluses and minuses. We have both mastered the system in the Acura after just a few days and find the interface to be clever and intuitive. I miss not having a touchscreen but Volvo's implementation does have its issues (like most implementations). I will look at Volvo's again, in the future, as we get new cars every few years due to my incurable disease...Carbuyingitis.

Reactions
I got a 2018 xc60 t6 inscription in July 2018. I’ve driven around 3500 miles since. It’s a nice compliant ride. I’m getting around 19mpg city 26mpg highway. It has a lot of power and is a pleasure to drive. The only thing is I have a few glitches in the electronics and a little rattle on the drivers side door. I’ll be seeing the dealer to correct it.

flames9

Reactions
City
Laurel
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC60 Inscription With polestar
I am just waiting on delivery on my XC60,so I hope I can say I would buy again,lol The 2019 Acura RDX does seem to offer a lot and I was a fan of it, but my wife didnt like it at all. Now that I have bought the much more $$$$ XC60 T6, she is prob wishing she didnt say anythig,lol

Reactions
City
Elko
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC60
I bought a new XC60 T5 with all the options. We tested it along with an Audi Q5, a BMW X3, an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. My wife hates the XC60 and refused to sell her 2011 GMC Terrain. She feels safer in the Terrain and I must say that the old Terrain is better in the snow, has a much quieter ride and the voice commands and GPS work much better than the ones in the XC60. The Volvo does have considerably better gas mileage though. I now wish that we had bought either the Audi or the Jeep rather than the Volvo as I do not find the Volvo to be any sort of a luxury car and it does not do a lot of things well.

Reactions
City
Elko
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC60

I have a 2018 XC60 and it is my first Volvo and will definitely be my last. Would you be willing to trade for your 2017 Forester?

Reactions
I bought a new XC60 T5 with all the options. We tested it along with an Audi Q5, a BMW X3, an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. My wife hates the XC60 and refused to sell her 2011 GMC Terrain. She feels safer in the Terrain and I must say that the old Terrain is better in the snow, has a much quieter ride and the voice commands and GPS work much better than the ones in the XC60. The Volvo does have considerably better gas mileage though. I now wish that we had bought either the Audi or the Jeep rather than the Volvo as I do not find the Volvo to be any sort of a luxury car and it does not do a lot of things well.
I have a 2018 xc60 inscription and a 2018 Audi Q5. I like the Volvo more. It has more luxury to it and supremely better seats. The only glitch is the q5 gets better mileage the Volvo is the t6 with the supercharger. I still get around 21 miles in the city but about 25-26 on the q5.

Gemini8

Reactions
City
Newmarket
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Volvo XC60 AWD Inscription
No one on this forum has any input to my questions above???
Go to the xc60 owner's group on Facebook for tons of feedback. My 2019 XC60 AWD T5 Inscription is AWESOME!

Reactions
City
Elko
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC60
After owning the XC60 for two years now, I will never buy another Volvo of any model. I really dislike this vehicle - it is the worst car I have owned in the last 20 years. Overpriced, unsafe in the winter, excessive road noise and most of the technology has never worked as well as it does in any other vehicle I have owned.