kerkwyk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2017 XC90
hi , anyone found a way to have the doors auto lock when walking away from the vehicle ? It's really frustrating the the driver has to stay with the car in order to lock it (once the kids finally get out)

Surely there is some kind of auto lock function (after x seconds or minutes for example) that other cars have had for 20 years ?

Especially painful with the waterproof key as you must actually stay with the car to lock it (as there is not remote lock button on it)

cheers

Mark

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
there is no such a thing in the xc90 as auto door lock, except the situation when you unlock your car with remote and then you don't open any doors, then it locks back itself after 1-2 minutes.
none of the new toyotas or lexus cars than I own or owned recently had auto lock feature.
If you want to lock xc90 remotely you can always use the smartphone / apple watch app.

kerkwyk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2017 XC90
hmm, ok that's a bit unfortunate. In Australia we don't have any VolvoOnCall yet

Any ideas of whether it's possible to get a smaller key than the huge ones provided with the car ? The waterproof key is great but without any buttons at all, it's become a bit too painful for day to day use.