2016-2017 xc90 Newbie questions....

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Acura MDX
I am a large guy 6'4" with long torso. 265 Lbs. My first seating in XC90 was the Inscription and the headroom was terrible.
I tried to adjust the seat and it would not go down. Sales person had me try the base package and it had great headroom. The R-type was also very good and loved the seat extenders. My question.....Why the big difference in headroom on Inscription?
The legroom in the XC90 is very good. The contour seats are a little narrow but my experience tells me they flatten out over time.
I wish I could get the std. seats with thigh extension.
Comments from other big guys?

What is your favorite seat for the xc90?

Is the homelink an option or standard? I can not understand how a high-end car would not have a garage door remote as std.

Just starting my shopping process and was looking at Acura MDX, QX-60, MBGLE-350, Lexus RX-GX.

I was surprised how nice the XC90 was and appears to be a winner.

Thank for your inputs,

texasbiggs

mikeypdx

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I went with the contour seats just for the thigh extension. And yes, home link is only there as an option (which I think is silly). That being said love the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
I am also amazed that garage remote is not standard and not even a stand alone option for the XC90. I really don't need all the other features in the convenience package, but because of the homelink, people will have to select that whole package.

hankdfw

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I have the XC90 Momentum Plus. Not sure why there is so much difference, maybe the seat wasn't working properly on your particular test car if it was adjusted too high and wouldn't go down? Try another Inscription maybe?

As for the garage opener, my salesperson told me that it did come as a standalone option if you didn't want the convenience package.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
I have the XC90 Momentum Plus. Not sure why there is so much difference, maybe the seat wasn't working properly on your particular test car if it was adjusted too high and wouldn't go down? Try another Inscription maybe?

As for the garage opener, my salesperson told me that it did come as a standalone option if you didn't want the convenience package.
Interesting.... Volvo website doesn't show that as an option. Maybe they are trying to trick people who needs Homelink to get the convenience package. [nono]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Acura MDX
Interesting.... Volvo website doesn't show that as an option. Maybe they are trying to trick people who needs Homelink to get the convenience package. [nono]
Thanks to all for your input. The inscription seat was working because it moved back and forth. Maybe down was not working. I need to find time and one to go try again. I did find out you can order the contour seats with the thigh extentions on Momentum or plus package. Did not see where you could order Homelink as standalone.

New question for everyone. I fell in love with the Passion Red color on R Type only. But the flat silver color mirror is a show stopper. Can those get painted? ...and only black interior???? Kinda hard to find love for it when Black inside (it is hot in Texas) and mirrors are ugly.
Comments.....

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
I actually like the silver mirror. Makes the car stand out as a R-Design. Just like Audi S or RS class. But if you want it painted, you can get it done by any local body shop easily